The governors most recent order allows our parish to open with a maximum capacity of 25% which means 87 people.
The entire Church is disinfected after every service with a mister and liquid approved by the CDC.
In order to welcome our faithful parishioners as safely as possible, while adhering to all Metropolis, Federal, State, Local, and CDC requirements, the following procedures have been put in place for the re-opening of our church for services.
- In order to attend services, ALL parishioners must register online using Eventbrite. You must arrive by 10:00 AM in order to keep your reservation.
- Please go to the Saint Athanasios website (www.stathanasiosnj.org) and click “REGISTRATION” on the home page menu.
- Please register each person by name – do not use the same name for all your guests. This is required for contact tracing.
- Registration starts at 3pm on Wednesday for Sunday service. For other services tickets start selling 4 days in advance at 3pm.
- If you have difficulty registering the Church office is open from 9am-1pm daily
- Memorials need to call the office and will be provided special Access/Promo codes to pre-register. These codes are ONLY for a single household and immediate family for memorials or funerals.
- The entrance to the community center will be the only entrance in and out of the church (unless there is an emergency). The side entrance to the church will be closed.
- A check-in table will be at the entrance manned by parish council members to check-in each parishioner as they arrive. You will need to give your names at the check-in table.
- Parishioners must have masks to enter the building.
- If you or a member of your family are showing any symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not come to church.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at the entrance, in the restrooms, and in the Narthex.
- Parishioners will follow social distancing when entering the church. The floor and carpeting will have markings 6 feet apart for parishioners to follow.
- Only 1 family, couple, or individual person will be allowed to enter the Narthex at a time under the direction of a parish council member once the Narthex area is clear of any other parishioners.
- Candles will be kept behind a plexiglass shield. A parish council member will hand each parishioner the candle of their choice. The parishioners will place their donation in the tray. Red candles will be handled by the parish council member.
- There will be only one line for Holy Communion. Parishioners will remain in their pews until directed by a parish council member to line up for Holy Communion.
- The Andidoron will be placed at the exit of the building.
- There will be no coffee social provided.
- The Church is completely sanitized with a mist approved by the CDC after every service.
The Church Office