It is with joy that we announce to you that Governor Phil Murphy has announced he is lifting the stay at home order. And therefore, with the Blessings and permission of His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos, effective immediately our parish will be able to open to the faithful starting Sunday, June 14, 2020. The governors most recent order allows our parish to open with a maximum capacity of 25% which means 87 people.
In order to welcome our faithful parishioners as safely as possible, while adhering to all Metropolis, Federal, State, Local, and CDC requirements, the following procedures have been put in place for the re-opening of our church for services.
- In order to attend services, ALL parishioners must register online using Eventbrite. You must arrive by 10:00 AM in order to keep your reservation. Please go to the Saint Athanasios website (www.stathanasiosnj.org) and click “REGISTRATION” on the home page menu.
- If you have difficulty registering the Church office is open from 9am-1pm daily
- Memorials will be provided special Access/Promo codes to pre-register
- Parishioners should bring their cell phones with them to show their reservation confirmation or bring a printed copy.
- The entrance to the community center will be the only entrance in and out of the church (unless there is an emergency). The side entrance to the church will be closed.
- A check-in table will be at the entrance manned by parish council members to check-in each parishioner as they arrive. You will need to show your reservation at the check-in table.
- Parishioners must have a mask to enter the building.
- If you or a member of your family are showing any symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not come to church.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at the entrance, in the restrooms, and in the Narthex.
- Parishioners will follow social distancing when entering the church. The floor and carpeting will have markings 6 feet apart for parishioners to follow.
- Only 1 family, couple, or individual person will be allowed to enter the Narthex at a time under the direction of a parish council member once the Narthex area is clear of any other parishioners.
- Candles will be kept behind a plexiglass shield. A parish council member will hand each parishioner the candle of their choice. The parishioners will place their donation in the tray.
- There will be only one line for Holy Communion. Parishioners will remain in their pews until directed by a parish council member to line up for Holy Communion.
- The Andidoron will be placed at the exit of the building.
- There will be no coffee social provided.
The Church Office