Dear Stewards of St Athanasios,
I hope that you and your families are safe and healthy. As you well know Covid19 has affected every aspect of our lives, therefore St. Irene Philoptochos will not be able to have any in-person fundraisers in the fall.
St. Irene Philoptochos has extended the on-line fundraiser with Thirty-One until July 31. They have great products – bags, accessories, travel and home items. Most items can be monogrammed and great for gift ideas. Start your Christmas shopping early!
Please post the attached flyer to your Facebook page and share with your friends and family. Below are the links to the dedicated party, online catalog link and summer sale catalog link.
St. Irene Philoptochos will get 20% of the sales and the funds from this sale will go to Social Services cases and Covid19 relief that our Philoptochos will be able to assist.
Thank you in advance for your help.
President St. Irene Philoptochos
Please use this link when ordering
The dedicated party link: https://www.mythirtyone.com/11065605?pd=11731457
Summer Sale Catalog: https://issuu.com/zoelukegifts/docs/we_heart_summer_catalog_v2
Important: for every $50 spent, you will be able to get 50% off a regularly priced item, including bundles! Most items can be personalized or monogrammed–if any one has any questions or concerns, they can email Zoe Luke, our liaison, at email@example.com.
It is with joy that we announce to you that Governor Phil Murphy has announced he is lifting the stay at home order. And therefore, with the Blessings and permission of His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos, effective immediately our parish will be able to open to the faithful starting Sunday, June 14, 2020. The governors most recent order allows our parish to open with a maximum capacity of 25% which means 87 people.
In order to welcome our faithful parishioners as safely as possible, while adhering to all Metropolis, Federal, State, Local, and CDC requirements, the following procedures have been put in place for the re-opening of our church for services.
- In order to attend services, ALL parishioners must register online using Eventbrite. You must arrive by 10:00 AM in order to keep your reservation. Please go to the Saint Athanasios website (www.stathanasiosnj.org) and click “REGISTRATION” on the home page menu.
- If you have difficulty registering the Church office is open from 9am-1pm daily
- Memorials will be provided special Access/Promo codes to pre-register
- Parishioners should bring their cell phones with them to show their reservation confirmation or bring a printed copy.
- The entrance to the community center will be the only entrance in and out of the church (unless there is an emergency). The side entrance to the church will be closed.
- A check-in table will be at the entrance manned by parish council members to check-in each parishioner as they arrive. You will need to show your reservation at the check-in table.
- Parishioners must have a mask to enter the building.
- If you or a member of your family are showing any symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not come to church.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at the entrance, in the restrooms, and in the Narthex.
- Parishioners will follow social distancing when entering the church. The floor and carpeting will have markings 6 feet apart for parishioners to follow.
- Only 1 family, couple, or individual person will be allowed to enter the Narthex at a time under the direction of a parish council member once the Narthex area is clear of any other parishioners.
- Candles will be kept behind a plexiglass shield. A parish council member will hand each parishioner the candle of their choice. The parishioners will place their donation in the tray.
- There will be only one line for Holy Communion. Parishioners will remain in their pews until directed by a parish council member to line up for Holy Communion.
- The Andidoron will be placed at the exit of the building.
- There will be no coffee social provided.
The Church Office
SUPPORT THE PETITION to rescind the order converting Hagia Sophia to a Mosque
Please help us get a million or more signatures to the leaders of the free world by July 24th, 2020. Your signature will force Turkey to reverse the dangerous and insensitive order to convert the Hagia Sophia Byzantine Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site into a Mosque.
Our Parish Council President sent everyone a letter about the circumstances of our Church finances and festival. For the full letter please click the document to download and read it in full.
Due to the COVID-19 and social distancing restrictions that are being enforced by the State of New Jersey, we had to postpone our festival held this May. Our annual festival is the most essential fundraising of the St. Athanasios budget. Last year’s festival contributed approximately $107,000 to our budget. Presently, as a result of this pandemic, this year’s financial benefits from the festival will be lost.
We ask that you PLEASE consider offering a monetary donation in order for the parish to continue to thrive. The recommended amount considered necessary per family is $300. Please visit our website https://stathanasiosnj.org/ and click the “donate” button in order to submit your contribution. Instructions are available on the website below the donate button, at this link:
https://stathanasiosnj.org/blog/?page_id=1779. We are also accepting donations via mail as usual, however due to limited office hours, we would prefer online offerings. When making your donation online or by mail please select “Festival 2020” from the PAYPAL drop down menu or make a note on your check.
Wishing you all safety and health,
Parish Council President