CLICK HERE TO ORDER AND PAY
Please make sure to add your email or phone number as a note so we can contact you for your order.
September 22, 2020
We hope this letter finds you and your families in good health and able to enjoy the summer months even under these challenging times. It has been such a blessing to see our parishioners and friends of St. Athanasios back in Church for in-person services that began the beginning July. Our Parish Council has worked diligently to ensure our services are conducted and attended in accordance with the provided health guidelines and with the utmost safety precautions. We ask all our parishioners and friends who have not re-visited the Church to do so, with assurance that we have taken all necessary actions for the safety of all. As required, you will need to go to the registration tab at the top of the Church website which will guide you to the date for the service you wish to attend and reserve your space.
Our Parish Council President sent everyone a letter about the circumstances of our Church finances and festival. For the full letter please click the document to download and read it in full.
Due to the COVID-19 and social distancing restrictions that are being enforced by the State of New Jersey, we had to postpone our festival held this May. Our annual festival is the most essential fundraising of the St. Athanasios budget. Last year’s festival contributed approximately $107,000 to our budget. Presently, as a result of this pandemic, this year’s financial benefits from the festival will be lost.
We ask that you PLEASE consider offering a monetary donation in order for the parish to continue to thrive. The recommended amount considered necessary per family is $300. Please visit our website https://stathanasiosnj.org/ and click the “donate” button in order to submit your contribution. Instructions are available on the website below the donate button, at this link:
https://stathanasiosnj.org/blog/?page_id=1779. We are also accepting donations via mail as usual, however due to limited office hours, we would prefer online offerings. When making your donation online or by mail please select “Festival 2020” from the PAYPAL drop down menu or make a note on your check.
Wishing you all safety and health,
Parish Council President
We have mailed and published an important message to parishioners regarding the financial impact of the crisis on our parish – please read this letter.
As per the revised directive issued by the Ecumenical Patriarchate, effective immediately the Divine Services are hereby permitted to take place within our Parishes. Parishioners are encouraged to participate in-person or via online live-streaming services. We are broadcasting live streams on Facebook and YouTube. You can sign up for a free Facebook or Youtube account to subscribe and watch from the Church Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/stathnj/ or YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8qFuN33hbCE32HMjJkGZQA. You can also see recent services here. Or, from the website click Live Stream from the menu.
Due to the restrictions put in place in response to the Coronavirus Pandemic by our state authorities, and as directed by the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey, our Church office is closed until further notice. For urgent office matters only, you may call Tina at 201-403-7722. In case of a Pastoral emergency, Fr. Anargyros may be reached at 201-925-6994.
Thank You and may our Lord bless and protect us all.
It is with joy that we announce to you that Governor Phil Murphy has announced he is lifting the stay at home order. And therefore, with the Blessings and permission of His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos, effective immediately our parish will be able to open to the faithful starting Sunday, June 14, 2020. The governors most recent order allows our parish to open with a maximum capacity of 25% which means 87 people.
In order to welcome our faithful parishioners as safely as possible, while adhering to all Metropolis, Federal, State, Local, and CDC requirements, the following procedures have been put in place for the re-opening of our church for services.
- In order to attend services, ALL parishioners must register online using Eventbrite. You must arrive by 10:00 AM in order to keep your reservation. Please go to the Saint Athanasios website (www.stathanasiosnj.org) and click “REGISTRATION” on the home page menu.
- If you have difficulty registering the Church office is open from 9am-1pm daily
- Memorials will be provided special Access/Promo codes to pre-register
- Parishioners should bring their cell phones with them to show their reservation confirmation or bring a printed copy.
- The entrance to the community center will be the only entrance in and out of the church (unless there is an emergency). The side entrance to the church will be closed.
- A check-in table will be at the entrance manned by parish council members to check-in each parishioner as they arrive. You will need to show your reservation at the check-in table.
- Parishioners must have a mask to enter the building.
- If you or a member of your family are showing any symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not come to church.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at the entrance, in the restrooms, and in the Narthex.
- Parishioners will follow social distancing when entering the church. The floor and carpeting will have markings 6 feet apart for parishioners to follow.
- Only 1 family, couple, or individual person will be allowed to enter the Narthex at a time under the direction of a parish council member once the Narthex area is clear of any other parishioners.
- Candles will be kept behind a plexiglass shield. A parish council member will hand each parishioner the candle of their choice. The parishioners will place their donation in the tray.
- There will be only one line for Holy Communion. Parishioners will remain in their pews until directed by a parish council member to line up for Holy Communion.
- The Andidoron will be placed at the exit of the building.
- There will be no coffee social provided.
The Church Office